Learn how to reconnect to wifi after password change, Once you change your wifi router password, you will fail to connect, see this article to fix
How to Reconnect to WiFi after Password Change?
We all would have to, because if we are paying for the internet then suffering slow internet speed definitely worries us all. So right after changing the password of the wifi router, you see you can't get connected, although LAN/wired devices won't affect by this all wireless devices face trouble connecting to the wifi router. Why this issue cause, have you wondered? Let me explain, every router has options to name which is called SSID, and a key to connect, once you connect a wifi router with a key, then your device i.e mobile phone, tablet, computer, laptop etc, store the SSID with a given key to your device and whenever that router get into range it will automatically be connected. So whenever you change either your SSID (router name) or password, you have to first remove or delete that old SSID from the device to get reconnected to wifi. How would you do that?
Basically, for computers, there are 2 methods to do this. Follow any of the following methods to accomplish your issue.
Method Number 1:
- Go to Open Network and Sharing Center.
- See the left side panel & click on Manage Wireless networks.
- Now you will see all saved wireless profiles, find your device from the list by SSID Name.
- Right-Click on your Device/Router Name, then select Remove network.
- Now connect your Router Device with your modified/new password & enjoy.
Reconnect to WiFi after Password Change
Method Number 2:
- Click on Wifi Icon from Taskbar.
- Look for your Wifi Device Name & Go to Properties by Right Click on it.
- A new window popup with Security Tab.
- Click on Show characters to see the current password, then simply type the new wifi key.
- Click on Ok and you will be connected back to your wifi router.