Fix PTCL Evo Wingle USB Device Hanging and Freezing Problem and also enable Sharing between Wifi Connected Devices to transfer files.
Evo Wingle Device Freezes? It's too hard to tolerate when surfing the
internet and suddenly the internet connection stops working not just because
of Service providers having a problem but because there is a problem in your
hand and your device is keep hanging after every few minutes or a couple of
hours. We are here to resolve the issue pertaining to the Evo Wingle USB
Device which will suddenly get hung or Freeze. Evo Wingle USB is a product
of PTCL in Pakistan which is a leading Internet Service Provider the is
manufactured by Huawei China. If you're having the issue of freeze or USB
device is hanged regularly so you don't worry about this anymore because
after reading this post you will surely fix this issue and this problem will
never return to you once you're done with this Tutorial. Why 3G Evo Wingle
Device hang/freeze? It's the main question and I hope no one finds the
answer and never tried to ask by calling customer services because they are
not very keen on technical issues.
Evo Wingle Device Freezes - How to Fix?
Well, I am going to tell you why this issue occurs? Just because of a minor fluctuation in Electricity. I will further add here that if anyone who connects Wingle USB to a System or Laptop directly then they can use the Internet without interruption because the device only freezes for Wifi Connected, Client/User. It means when the device freezes only Wifi User will be affected while the internet will still work with USB connected PC. But many Wingle Users are using this Device with Mobile Adapter/Charger to connect their Wifi Devices via wireless connection (up to 5 Devices).
Basically, we can call this issue a minor bug from the Product manufacturer and we should know that every device has its own built-in software so Evo Wingle has its own and it can be upgraded whenever the manufacturer found any issue then they will release a Software update for product. And it's to inform you that Huawei made an update for this but unfortunately PTCL didn't guide or inform their customers regarding this don't worry we are here to fix this problem for you.
It further informs you that after upgrading the software you'll be able to share files between wirelessly connected devices because previously it's not working means you can't share files between 2 wireless connected devices (i.e Laptop and Desktop PC).
You're required to perform the following steps in sequence to resolve this issue.
PTCL Evo Wingle Webpage Before Update:-
Finding Your Device Model Number:-
- Open Internet Browser. (Chrome/Firefox/Opera)
- Type "192.168.0.1" Or "192.168.1.1" in URL Bar and Enter.
- Log in with Username Password as "admin" both.
- Now Go to "Settings >> System >> Device Information".
- Note Device Name "EC315" Probably for all.
Downloading Software/Firmware Update:-
- For Model EC315 "Click Here" to download the File.
- For Other models Visit the "Huawei Support" Webpage.
- Search for your Model and Download the Update File.
Installing Downloaded Update:-
- You're required to Connect USB Evo Wingle Device to your PC.
- Once connected, extract the download file via WinRar.
- Now you will get 3 Rar files, Right Click on Part1 and Extract it to Folder.
- In the folder, you will get Application/Exe file.
Double Click to Run it and wait until it finishes.
(Updating will take a few minutes so be patient)
PTCL Evo Wingle Webpage After Update:-
Now your Device will never be hung or frozen and you can now start sharing or transferring files between 2 Wifi Connected Devices.
- After updating your Wifi Key may be set to Default.
- After updating you will be unable to Log-in to Evo Wingle Webpage.
- Even typing 'admin' as username and password you can't access.
How to Reset Evo Wingle USB?
- Open PTCL EVO Wingle USB Cover.
- Plug in your device to your computer via USB Port.
- Use a thin Pin to Push and Hold the 'RESET' button for 10 seconds then release.