Learn How to block Internet Access of Application/Program with Windows Firewall? After reading this post you will easily block the internet access of any program or application installed in your PC.
Actually, we all know that a Firewall is a program which will let a program
or application access an internet connection as well as block the access to
the internet, so in this article we will be going to do it, to block
internet access of a windows program or application. Everyone probably knows
how to allow a program in Windows Firewall but might never know how to block
it. So that's why I have made this post to help those visitors who don't
know how to block a Windows Program or Application via a Firewall to block
its connection with the internet which means the program will no more
connect with the internet.
Blocking Applications or Programs will cut the bonding with the internet only with those programs not for the entire PC/Laptop because many people don't want to connect all their programs with the internet and this article is perfect for them to learn. And also many of us don't want to update a program or software to the latest one as per our choices but applications always ask you to update it and this video will tell you how to block it. There is always some application which one wants to block internet access.
Block Internet Access for any Program/Application
But remember one thing that you never make the mistake of adding a program/application to block a list of firewalls like Internet Download Managers/ Web Browsers or etc otherwise you can't download files or not visit any website.
- Go to "CONTROL PANEL" by Clicking on Start Menu.
- Choose "ALL CONTROL PANEL ITEMS" from the top bar.
- Click on "WINDOWS FIREWALL".
- Now click on "ADVANCED SETTINGS" from the left side panel.
- Choose "OUTBOUND RULES" from the left panel.
- Hit "NEW RULE" from the right-side panel.
- Choose the radio button to "PROGRAM" and hit the "NEXT" button.
- Click on the "BROWSE" button from 'This program path:'.
- Go and find your program and choose the ".EXE" file of that program then Hit the "NEXT" button to proceed next step. (i.e Vconverter.exe)
- Now choose the "BLOCK THIS CONNECTION" radio button and click "NEXT".
- Check All Three Profiles, "DOMAIN/PRIVATE/PUBLIC" and hit "NEXT".
- Type a "NAME" for this application block then finally click "FINISH".
If you are facing any kind of trouble with the above instructions then simply follow the below video Tutorial.
YouTube Video Tutorial:
DailyMotion Video Tutorial:
Congratulation, you have successfully learned how to block internet access of any windows application by following the above instructions or video tutorial.