Let start protecting your USB Flash drive from viruses by write protect usb drive, so any infected PCs virus won't attack your flash drive.
This is a Tutorial with a Video to make you learn how to Write Protect USB
Drive or External Hard Drives. This Tutorial is basically showing an
example which was featured on a Multi-boot USB Windows containing Windows
7 & 8 or even with a USB containing Windows 7. The procedure was
successfully applied to it and tested finely without any issue. This means
that whenever this Write Protected Multi-boot USB will connect to an
outdoor PC for installing Windows, malicious viruses cannot attack it due
to write protection and nobody can remove files and copy files to it.
Are afraid of viruses attacking your USB Drive? Then let's Write Protect USB Drive
Write Protect USB Drive and Lock USB or External Drives make your Data alive in your USB or External Drive because mostly we all connect drive to outdoor PCs which have lots of viruses resulting which either we lose our precise data and also Viruses will affect USB then when you insert the same USB in your PC, your OS might be affected by Viruses. But this was only an example you can use it for another purpose, as per your requirements so start following the steps mentioned below as well as Watch Video Guide for a more realistic way.
- Connect USB to your PC, go to "COMPUTER" or "MY COMPUTER".
- Now just Right Click on USB Drive, and select "PROPERTIES".
- Select the "SECURITY" Tab from Properties.
- Click on the "ADVANCED" button.
- In Permission Tab, there is a default name "Everyone", Select it then click on the "CHANGE PERMISSION" button.
- Again Select the "Everyone" Name then Hit the "EDIT" button.
- Click on the "CLEAR ALL" button and "CHECK to ALLOW" on 'List folder/read data, 'Read attributes', 'Read extended attributes' and 'Read permissions' then Hit "OK".
- Now click on the "ADD" button, type your current Administrator Username i.e "Junaid Ahmed", Click on the "CHECK NAMES" button and Hit "OK".
- Check on "ALLOW - FULL CONTROL" and Hit "OK" again.
- Finally, Check on "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object", Hit "APPLY" and "OK"
- Click on "APPLY" and "OK" (Twice). You're Done!!!!
YouTube Video Tutorial:
DailyMotion Video Tutorial:
Congratulations! You have successfully finished Write Protect USB drive procedure and now your flash drive is safe against viruses.