Windows Remote Assistance is a built in program by Microsoft by which someone can access your computer remote when you give the permission for it.
Windows Remote Assistance is a Pre-installed Windows feature which
includes Windows XP, Windows 7/8 etc. It allows users to connect to a PC
or to ask someone who connects with your PC to resolve their issues.
Assistance stands for help while Remote means controlling a device from a
far distance. Basically, Remote Assistance will allow 2 PCs connection
with each other. It is the most powerful and easiest method to build a
connection between 2 far distances PCs, which means if you're in the USA
and your Laptop/PC has some software issue but you aren't so expert to
resolve it but you know your friend is good in this business to resolve it
for sure but who is in the UK, so this feature will be reliable for it and
you don't need any external software or application for Remote
Are you looking for Windows Remote Assistance Program?
I have already shared a post entitled "Access and Control Another PC by Remote Desktop Connection" and it is also Window's own pre-installed feature which is also Good but this procedure is far better and has fewer chances of having issues connecting another's PC. One another advantage of this method is, that the client will also view whatever you're doing with his PC and he will be satisfied it also allows a chatting feature, access you can chat with the client during Remote Assistance Connection.
There are 2 main features of this 'Windows Remote Assistance' application or program, View Only and Taking Control. View Only allows looking at the client Desktop Live while Take Control gives you complete command to use the PC from your home with your own Keyboard and Mouse. So get ready and follow the below instructions carefully to learn the usage of Windows Remote Assistance.
How to Create Remote Assistance Invitation?
- Go to "Control Panel" by hitting Start Menu.
- Select "System and Security" or "All Control Panel Items".
- Now Click on "Troubleshoot common computer problems" or "Troubleshooting".
- Click on "Get help from a friend" which locates left side in the Troubleshooting window,
- Click on "Invite someone to help you" in the Remote Assistance window.
- Select "Save this invitation as a file" and save it to anywhere on your PC.
Now it will show you a Password, save it. Send saved invitation file along with Password to those who want to help you by Email or Facebook etc.(See below Windows Remote Assistance saying "Waiting for incoming connection")
How to Open Remote Assistance Invitation file?
- Follow the above Step 1 to 4.
- Then click on "Offer Remote Assistance to help someone" bottom of the Remote Assistance window.
- Now click on "Use an invitation file".
- Find and locate your invitation file and hit the "Open" button.
- Enter the Password or paste it.
- After approving, click on "Take Control" to get complete access.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned, how to use Windows Remote Assistance to create an invitation as well as to receive the invitation of Windows Remote Assistance to assist someone.