Are you looking for a method for Windows XP Bootable USB, so you can install Windows XP via USB Flash Drive rather than CD Disk? You're at right place
Get your hands on a method for Windows XP Bootable USB. Once again I am
sharing the steps of making a Bootable USB Flash Drive with Windows XP, by
the way, I have previously already shared a post titled "Install Windows XP using USB Drive" in which all steps were shown and the method defined deeply using
Command Prompt but so visitors or viewers still got a problem with that
even after sharing Video Tutorial on it but anyway it does not matter now
because here I'm going to show you the New Method for making Windows XP
Bootable USB Flash Drive.
No more installation from CD - Make Windows XP Bootable USB Now.
I wanna further add here that if someone wants to make Windows 7 Bootable USB then I have already published a post over it with complete methods entitled "Install Windows 7 Using USB Drive", So let's get back to the actual subject. The process or method which I am going to share with you guys here is a very simple and easiest method ever compare to the previous one, following this method will make the least chance for mistakes.
Not only the method, but I have also shared a Video over this method containing proof of successful boot of Windows XP Bootable USB. In this tutorial, a small application or you can call software is required, which is no doubt free and you don't need to worry about it because I am sharing a download link of it.
- WinSetupFromUSB - Click to Download
- Windows XP CD or Image
- A minimum 1 GB USB Flash Disk
So before starting this please backup your USB Data first if any otherwise will be erased permanently, now get ready and follow the below instructions accordingly.
Download, Install and Run "WinSetupFromUSB".
(For Windows Vista/7/8, Run as Administrator privilege)
- Now insert "USB Flash Drive" to your PC/Laptop.
- Hit the "Refresh" button to see USB Drive.
- Check "Auto format it with FBinst" Tool and Choose "NTFS" format.
- Remain "align" and "copy BPB" checks alive.
- Insert Windows XP "CD" to PC or mount the "Image" file.
- Now Check "Windows 2000/XP/2003 Setup" and hit the small "Browse" button.
Locate Windows XP CD Room drive OR Virtual Image Drive then
(Do not select folders in CD, just select Drive only)
Windows XP Bootable USB - New Method!
- Hit the "OK" button if an Information window appears stating "Use NTFS when possible for maximum speed". If not appear then skip this.
- Click on the "I accept" button of the license agreement.
- Now before starting the process, please do "Turn Off" or "Disable" your Anti-Virus Software if using anyone otherwise Skip.
- Time to hit the "GO" button.
Select "Yes" on Warning!
window and also "Yes" on
(Please backup your USB data first otherwise will be lost) (Wait about 15~20 minutes)
- Click on the "OK" button when the Job did and Eject USB Flash Drive as it is ready to use.
How to Install Windows with It?
- Boot System with USB Flash Drive either sequencing USB as first boot or hitting boot menu key.
- Select "Windows XP/2000/2003 Setup" and "Enter" from the booted menu.
- Now select "First Part of Windows XP" then after reboot continues with "Second Part".
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Windows XP Bootable USB Drive, now you can install Windows XP using this bootable flash drive.